Friday, March 23, 2012

The night only adds to my confusion


I lay in bed about to fall asleep and my mind went on a rampage
Thinking of past embarrassing moments forgotten
But then I thought of my life’s last page
And my motionless body in the ground rotten

Yes, death came in mind
And the unknown frontier after it
But it is what we don’t know we fear
And from our brain does faith emit

What is after death?
Is it god’s everlasting love in heaven, or just a simple end
Should we be scared for our last breath
Or be saying good-bye forever to a lost family member or friend

What is the meaning of this life?
That is the question of our existence
Why should we go through life with strife
Is this life purposeful or nonsense

Are we all alone in the universe?
Is there anyone else out there?
And is that other life as diverse?
Do we share similar thoughts or do they not even care?

Am I alone?
Does everyone around me exist?
How do I know you aren’t a drone
Am I alone in the cold mist

Why do we ask so many questions?
And why aren’t they answered?
Are we supposed to just accept the moon and sun
Will these answers always baffled and scattered?

I should just think of my future one step at a time
But what happens when we are at our last step
Stop! Stop! I should be sleeping not thinking of rhymes
It is 1 o’clock in the morning, maybe the coffee kept me pepped

I just need to sleep and stop all these disturbing thoughts
But the thoughts won’t end
Because as long as we have curiosity we will have lots
And our thoughts will only extend

-Taylor Skorpen

No comments:

Post a Comment